Disney Genie Service is set to Reimagine the Guest Experience at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort!
Goodbye FastPass+… Hello Disney Genie! Earlier today, Disney Parks announced more details about what promises to be an amazing new tool to help increase guest experiences and make the most of precious time in the theme parks. This new three-tiered approach will be know as Disney Genie and will be coming this Fall. Here are some details:
* Disney Genie is a complimentary service that will be available to all guests through the free My Disney Experience and Disneyland Apps. It will allow guests to select favorite attractions and experiences, including restaurants, then sit back and relax while ‘Genie’ conjures up the ultimate itinerary for fun-filled day. If plans change, no worries! The App also allows for changes on the fly as well!
It will also include tip boards based on guests favorites they’ve selected, show future wait time forecasts, offer a virtual assistant, mobile ordering and the ability to join a mobile walk-up waitlist for restaurants as well!
Again, Disney Genie is free for all guests.
* Disney Genie+ is similar to the old FastPass+ system that was discontinued, however, it will now be a paid enhancement that will allow guests to to choose return times (for 1 select ride at a time) for any of the included attractions throughout the day. Once Guests tap in for their arrival, they can make another selection and this service can be used in all four parks with a park hopper ticket as well.
The attractions included in DisneyGenie+ have not been officially announced, but we’ve heard they will be available for more than 15 attractions at Disneyland Resort, and over 40 attractions at Disney World and attractions like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Haunted Mansion should be included.
Disney Genie+ also includes special audio experiences and a special photo lense overlay experience for guests of Walt Disney World, while guests of Disneyland guests will receive the audio experiences as well as unlimited photo downloads from their day at Disneyland plus the special photo lense overlay experiences. (Walt Disney World guests would still need to purchase Memory Maker if they would like to enjoy unlimited photo downloads, magic shots, super zoom shots, and more. )
The additional cost for Disney Genie+ is $15.00 per ticket/per day at Walt Disney World and $20.00 per ticket/per day at Disneyland.
* Lightening Lane is also a new paid enhancement that will allow guests to skip the standby line at some of the most popular attractions and the attractions offered through this individual purchase option will be different than those offered through Disney Genie+. Rides to be included in this individual attraction selection option may include: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom, Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure Park, Rise of the Resistance in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Web Slingers in Disney California Adventure park, and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in EPCOT. Disney will release the rest of the attractions in this group later this year.
Guests will be able to schedule a time to ride up to 2 high-demand attractions each day and use the Lightning Lane entrance during their scheduled time to ride. These two attractions can be at different parks if you have a park hopper ticket. $ Pricing for this Individual Attraction Purchase option will vary by date, attraction, and park.
Individual Attraction Purchases can be made on the same day of your visit and used across multiple parks.
1. The use of Disney Genie is not needed to experience any attraction or experience at any Disney theme park. All Guests may use this service as much or as little as they wish or not at all. Standby lines will still be available as usual as well as Disney’s virtual queue experience for select attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
2. The purchase of Disney Genie+ is not needed to use the Individual Attraction Selection Service (Lightening Lane). For example, if you ONLY wish to ride Rise of the Resistance and you don’t care about anything else, you DO NOT need to purchase Disney Genie+ to ride it. You only have to pay the individual cost for the purchase of that attraction.
3. ONSITE GUEST PERK ALERT! Guests staying at a Disney owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney World, or the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, or the Shades of Green Hotels, and who purchase an enhancement will be able to make their first individual attraction selection at 7AM. All other guests will have to make their selections when they enter their first park of the day.
Here’s a great little video that explains it all perfectly!
Follow us on Facebook for news and updates as they occur on this and all things Disney! And if you’d like more information or a free, no-obligation quote proposal, please reach out to your favorite Vacations with Character® Vacationista or request a quote on our website at: https://vacationswithcharacter.net