The reopening of Disney parks has gone smoothly and happy guests are reporting back to share they are having a wonderful time. Here’s a few things to know if you are visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios soon and want to face an epic battle against the First Order on the thrilling attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance!
Since Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopened, the virtual queues do fill quickly each day. This is due to new health-and-safety measures that includes requiring extra space between groups in queues and on attraction vehicles.
With all of this in mind and even with limited park attendance, Disney is simply not able to accommodate as many people on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance as they could before the implementation of physical distancing. Therefore, Disney is adjusting the virtual queue for this attraction.
Guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, must continue to access the My Disney Experience app virtual queue if they wish to experience this attraction just as before, but beginning Friday, July 24, opportunities to join the queue will be available at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. only.
Here are some helpful TIPS to be aware of before you arrive:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app before you arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
- Also, make sure your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group because you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time.
- While you are in the park and at precisely 10 a.m. or 2 p.m., log in to your account. Groups will fill up quickly, so you must be diligent!
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. If there is no availability try to join a backup group.
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Guests who are enrolled in the virtual queue will be able to see an estimated return time indicating when they may be called back to experience the attraction. This time may change throughout the day, so continue to check the app for updates. Also, the tip boards around the park will display the boarding groups that have been called back.
- In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, cast members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While you wait for your virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including the newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Enjoy your vacation and “May the force be with you!”